Friday, January 6, 2012

Key One...Winchester, Kentucky

I have a friend...a wonderful dear friend of many years...a soul mate friend. Twenty years ago...I was destined to meet Gina Lang...she hailed from the East Coast and I from Deep In the Heart...but we chanced to meet in the middle of the USA and the rest, as they say, is history.

It is the history of a rich friendship...filled with memories of poppy seed bread left on doorsteps, giant donuts under construction (more on this at another time!), births of our children, vacations together, advertising agencies, baptisms, art projects, Auntie G to my children and Godmother to my oldest, sharing our troubles and joys, hours of conversations that pick up where they left of, even if it is months later...a friendship that is an amazing joy to have, to discover and rediscover, to cherish, to celebrate, and in general Thank God for this amazing woman. 

She has arrived at times when I couldn't stand...hung paintings in my studio after my father's death when I struggled to get through a day, much less a painting commission...tears stream down my face onto the keyboard as I contemplate what Gina had brought to...and into my life. Blessings too many to count...memories to rich to sum up in a short paragraph of simple letters and punctuation...her character is exemplary, her energy boundless, her heart large with love for God and others,  and her family joined with mine forever. Thank you for the late night calls, for the long drives, for the moments we laugh & cry...So to you I give the first key...a small token, but one nonetheless to celebrate memories made and to come...to celebrate friendship...to celebrate you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment